So, I’ve always loved picture book character costumes because what’s not to love? As a huge fan of picture books they just feel like such fun Halloween costumes!
I’m also a huge fan of super easy, last minute Halloween costumes – mostly because I’m a huge procrastinator and always think I can move ‘DIY Halloween costume’ to a later date on my to-do list. That is until it’s a week or less before Halloween and I still need a costume!
So, if you’re in need of a super-quick no sew Halloween costume that you can make the night before, or an easy Book Week costume, try Fitz the Fox!
This year Jon & I had our debut picture book, Wander New York: Fitz in the City, come out and I can’t think of any other children’s book character costume I would rather do than one for Fitz, because of course, I’m biased!
This costume is super easy to make at the last minute too & it doesn’t require any sewing!
All you need to dress up like Fitz the Fox for Halloween is:
- – A red and white striped shirt (because Fitz loves stripes!)
- – Green shorts, or green pants, or just pants of any type
- – This free DIY no-sew fox ears template, some orange and cream fabric or paper & a headband
- – This free printable paper camera – just like Fitz carries in Wander New York!
- – A string for your camera (I used some embroidery floss for mine)
- – Glue or tape in a pinch
That’s it and you’ve got your super easy book character costume! BTW, this costume also works great as a World Book Day costume for kids and teachers! And the paper craft camera makes it fun for any time kids read about Fitz and his travels.
Happy costume making!